Friday, September 13, 2013

Trials of life.

So much happened since this past Friday night.

My left foot started hurting badly.

The next day, Hubby was sick and called out, by then I couldn't walk without severe pain. Needless to say he wasn't happy about it, but the day was proceeding smoothly. We made a meal of some nummy fried chicken, and his frickin' tooth broke!

I froze, sure that the day would turn to shit in a matter of seconds, but he took it rather calmly. He expected it to break and better at home than at work. He was upset, don't doubt that, but it was an accepting upset.

Sunday revealed that his tooth hurt more than it had the day before and I was in much more pain as well. It chafed that I couldn't get up and take care of Hubby, that instead he had to wait on me. By Sunday night I could barely hobble to the bathroom.

Monday Hubby went off to work in a fog of frustrated anger leaving me at home stuck on the couch. The pain got so bad in my foot I thought the bone was fractured. I called my Mom and asked her to come over and take a look at it. She did and put heat on my foot on and off for about a hour. She also had me use my Swiffer sweeper as a makeshift cane, which worked oddly well. Hubby did go on a search in the dark for actual crutches that were fabled to reside in the outside shed.

He came up with a set that I say was made for giants 5'10" and taller. That won't work for little me. So Swiffer-cane it is, for the moment.

Tuesday came with the knowledge that we wouldn't play D&D. Hubby's mouth hurt too much and he was still in a mood. I stayed quiet, still in severe pain and hobbling back and forth from the bathroom. A hour or so after being awake, Hubby got a call from Seimi saying that her and Zuri were in town. I quickly suggested that they could hang out for a couple of hours even though were weren't going to play. Hubby agreed.

Long story short, they came over, sopping wet from the Gulf waters, we hung out, chatted, talked, and even played D&D for a couple of hours! It really was a great game and lovely day.

By the time I got to bed the pain was so bad that I had it. I broke down a bit and vented to Hubby about the pain and how ridiculous it was that I was denied disability twice. I hurt that much. He was sweet as ever and said we'd get a lawyer, if I got the phone numbers to call. He'd make the call and start everything. We also agreed that he'd call the dentist and set up an appointment for his broken tooth.

Wednesday, I'm proud to say, he has a dentist appointment for this coming Monday, which means he'll have to work on Tuesday and not have it off. So no D&D game, but it means he'll be in less pain. I also have a handful of phone numbers to call.

Now all we do is wait. Well all I do is wait, the poor Hubby works.

No comments:

Post a Comment