Monday, August 26, 2013

Take Two

Okay, so today was the second day of sunlight we've had in the past 3 weeks. After procrastinating for a hour and a half (also Orion was sleeping on me), I took 4 trays of Dragons, Unicorn, & Pegasus outside and went to town glazing the beasties. Only to come to a screeching stop.

I had been planning on glazing over the top of the old sticky glaze, the first one I tried. Yeah, well that's not going to freaking happen. Everything was covered in hair and dust, no big deal. Until I tried to dust them off! Everything was stuck. Son of a @#*&!

Okay, okay, so I got some tweezers and started to pull each individual thing off. Wasn't working. I got a clean toothbrush and tried to brush the stuff at least towards the edge of the sculptured. Didn't happen. So I hauled out the shop vac and vacuumed the damn things hoping to suck off all the little pieces. Fail.

Several colourful utterances later, I glazed what could be glazed. The beasties who were freshly painted and had never been touched with the first nasty glaze. then packed up everything and resigned myself to repainting everything else.


I'm sitting here half-way done, kinda worried that I'll get impatient and rush the paint job. It's difficult not to rush, especially when I just want something done already. Gotta keep reminding myself to focus of quality and this time around I have some paintbrushes for miniatures.

This last little guy needs some repair work.

No comments:

Post a Comment