Friday, April 19, 2013

Reflecting

Today was the service for my best friend's Mother.

It was sweet, simple, and to the point.

I sat next to my best friend, holding her hand and touching foreheads.

Although several people showed up (mainly their family) she and I sat alone, behind her father, aunt, and grandmothers.

It was poetic in it's own way.

Her Mother suffered from mental illness for years before cancer claimed her. Like I mentioned before, I was never very close to her, but what I do know is that she was one of the nicest people I have ever met. Selfless, even when fighting with her daughter. And very giving.

We all met at a nearby Cracker Barrel to eat afterwards, her Dad made sure that Hubby and I sat next to them, as he shared stories and pictures of his wife. I'm glad to say that tears were at a minimum today. The loss will always remain, but, and especially after the service, there was much laughter. I also have to mention that most of her family made me feel very welcome. Especially her grandparents. It was nice not feeling out of place.

~

Getting to the service as less difficult than it would have been without the medicines I'm on. I can say that with 100% certainty. I did also make sure that I did not eat or drink before traveling and I took 2 Pepto pills, just in case. The drive was pleasant, we made 2 very short pit-stops, just to potty, and arrived nearly a half hour early. The drive home was even easier, though one of the medicines (which only last for a short time) wore off. I am sunburned, not badly, but bright pink.

Tonight I'm not going to work out, but instead, am going to take the evening to reflect on my life and appreciate those around me.

Breakfast today was eaten in 2 parts with a couple hours in between. Eggs in a Basket, turkey sausage, hashbrown casserole, and orange juice.

Lunch will be a big bowl of grapes and maybe a couple bites of leftover breakfast sausage & hashbrowns.

Dinner will most likely be leftover steak and rice from dinner last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment