Friday, June 28, 2013

Father's Day Dinner & Unpacking

Today was kinda fun. A nice change.

My baby sister insisted in having a Father's Day dinner, late, cause Daddy was on vacation with his fiance during the holiday. So she and her husband picked Daddy and I up to go to a Italian restaurant, which was closed! Instead we went to another Italian place and our oldest brother met us there.

We had a nice time, even though the service was terrible, the food was yuck, and the overall experience at the place rated a big fat F. Suski (baby sister) and I made the best of it, convincing Daddy not to walk out twice, and just talk. Spend time with each other before Daddy leaves on Thursday.

Then after we were done, I started unpacking.


...well...

I tried to.

Not sure where to begin.

Or where to put anything.

I did set up the living room table and move the couches around. I kinda unpacked parts of one box. Then stared at the kitty litter that needs to be cleaned. Then went into the room we're staying in for the moment and stared before walking out.

Reclaiming my paints, brushes, and sculptures, I set about painting two Dragons that will be Daddy's and his fiance's engagement present. As a distraction.

There's a lot of work to be done, still. Unpacking is starting to look daunting.

Tomorrow I'm going back up to the apartment to pack away the last few things in the car, sleep over for the last night with Hubby, and then we'll follow each other down to the house.

I hope Hubby will forgive me and see that change is good.

I desperately hope that this change will be good.

I don't want him to leave me and am so afraid that if this change isn't good, his anger will smolder and he will end up leaving me. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if that happens.

1 comment:

  1. Nicola. Ignore my weird AIM user name.

    He isn't going to leave you.

    ReplyDelete