Friday, May 31, 2013

Reality Bites

When I dream, it's vivid, lifelike, and most of the time I could swear my dreams are actual memories.

Maybe when we dream our spirits travel elsewhere; and they are memories.

The people in my dreams have voices, defined bodies, and faces. They are not just some impression. The world around me is real. The smells and sounds and physical touch washes over my senses.

Then I wake up to the world and reality sets in.

It's not always bad, but today bites. I'm actually fine, physically, on antibiotics for my broken tooth, to help the infection go away. Today Hubby is having a horrid day, and there's absolutely nothing I can do to help him through it right now.

His job is understaffed, over crowded due to the new movies out, and he's working himself to the bone. He just called less than five minutes ago, and immediately he voice held the unspoken "I have to say something, but it's bad, and I don't know how to say it." He was open enough about the day being sucky at work, but there was something else.

"I don't know how we're going to pay rent tomorrow. I had to get a new battery for the car, and now I don't know if there's enough in our account...we might have to cash in your Bonds."

His voice was laden with sorrow and regret. I've talked about cashing them in before, years ago, when we were going through a hard time, and selling my jewelry, if need be. Always he's fought it tooth and nail. Determined that it would never come to that.

My heart swelled with love and compassion. My poor love, my poor poor sweetheart. I calmly reassured him that is wasn't a big deal, really it's not. Whatever it takes, we can even use whatever is leftover to help us move. He seemed a little soothed at my reassurances, but I know it's bothering him. My Bonds aren't much, hardly a trifling, given to me by my Godfather when I was a baby, and doing nothing for 3 decades. If they are enough to help us pay rent, then so be it.

Reality does bite though.

~
On a lighter note I do have another sculpture to share with all of you.

 
This is the Peacock Dragon Amalliah.

The first challenge given to my by Hubby. He wanted me to do a feathered Dragon and this is the result of me trying to impress him. She is made of Sculpey with an aluminum foil skeleton and aluminum foil base for the wings and tail. She's holding a stone from my hot stone massage thingie, that I don't use, because dark stones heat up to much for Hubby's and my skin.

She will be painted after the move with acrylic paints and then given a glossy finish.

~

Breakfast today & Lunch is the remaining half of a roast beef sub from Tuesday. I'm picking at it on and off. As well as a piece of red velvet cake from my best friend's birthday cake. I admit I had a Coke for breakfast too.

Dinner will be pasta, with sauce, and maybe garlic bread. (If I remember to heat up the oven.)

No comments:

Post a Comment